How it Works
Using Auto Guardian:
Once you receive your Auto Guardian Etching Kit - check the pre-cut stencils to ensure they exactly match your Vehicle Registration number or VIN.
Within your Kit you'll see we've included:
- 1 Window Etching Paste & Spatula
- 1 Window Etching Sample & Stencil [for testing/practice]
- 10 Window Pre-cut Window Stencils [featuring your vehicle's Registration or VIN number]
- 4 Anti-Theft Warning Stickers
HERE'S THE SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOU TO FOLLOW:
- Clean the windows making sure that any dirt or grease is removed. Remember you'll need to etch the outer surface of your vehicle and not the inside.
- Remove the larger section of the protective paper and attach the label where recommended.
- Affix the labels, smoothing out any air bubbles and open the glass-etch marking paste.
- Squeeze a small amount onto the spatula and apply sparingly - you've 9 more to do!
- Make sure you fill the numbers and letters in the pre-cut areas of the stencil with marking paste. Take care not to get any paste outside of the stencil - if you do, wipe it off immediately with a damp cloth.
- Wait at least 5 minutes before you carefully remove the label.
- Wipe off any remaining paste with a damp cloth.
- Finally position the warning stickers to the inside of your vehicle, near to door locks and other prominent positions.
- Now repeat the process and that's it!
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE!
- The temperature of the car windows must not be less than 0ºC when carrying out this process.
- The etching paste is not a chemical based formula, however as a precaution avoid contact with skin, mouth and eyes and if your skin does come into contact with the etching paste, rinse with clean water immediately.